About Marie Fortier, the Baby Expert
Welcom to MarieFortier.com. My mission is based on my passion for babies, my values about the family, and my desire to share my experience with others. In my website, you will find information that can guide you through your role as a parent, from the moment you decide you want a baby, through pregnancy, during childbirth and then throughout the first year of life.
My mission: to be THE prenatal and postnatal reference platform for new and future parents.
My vision: the mariefortier.com platform is a guide for new and future parents who are looking for information, reassurance and help to learn about their new role.
On mariefortier.com you will find professional content answering probing questions which is regularly updated.
- more than 700 educational and informative articles;
- more than 150 videos, interviews with perinatal experts, prenatal classes and video capsules;
- many practical tools.
As you will see, with a little help, the right information and practice, parenthood is not that complicated! I hope you have an amazing adventure!
How did I become “The Baby Expert”?
During my daily life as a professional, I fed my passion for babies working with many families. To reach even more parents, I launched my company mariefortier.com in 2013.
In the fall of 2016, after 30 years of service working as a perinatal nurse, I retired from the Quebec public health system. I am now fully devoted to sending you updated, useful and in-depth information that will help you prepare for your role as parents. I also work with health professionals, developing programs and educational tools on the topic of caring for babies, as well as developing prenatal classes. Since the spring of 2017, I also host a radio show on Monday mornings on Rouge FM Estrie.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Clinical Sciences (Nursing)
- Perinatal Nurse (1986-2016)
- Taught at the Cégep de Sherbrooke and the Université de Sherbrooke (15 years)
- Assisted many childbirths in the maternity ward
- In-home prenatal and postnatal work
- Work with Family Medicine Groups monitoring pregnancies with the medical team and monitoring the health of young babies.