Did you read the first part, What are Breast Milk Banks Used For?
Avez-vous lu la partie précédente À qui sert le lait maternel des banques de lait?
There are some basic criteria for selecting mothers who want to become breast milk donors. Mothers need to be:
- 18 years of age and over;
- In good health;
- Non-smoker and not using nicotine gum or patches;
- Breastfeeding her baby;
- Lives in a region with a breast milk bank (maximum of one hour of transportation for breast milk reserves);
- Did not stay in France before 1995 (related to the risk of mad cow disease)
- A mother who consents to follow the necessary stages prior to becoming a donor.
Continue reading with How to Donate Breast Milk.
Poursuivons la lecture avec Comment faire un don de lait maternel?
This post is also available in: Français