Marie, I am running out of ideas for snacks for my 9-month-old baby. He eats and drinks very well. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help! Roseline
Roseline, I often get this question, so I have lots of ideas for you. You can choose new ones that you haven’t yet tried. For snacks, you should always focus on fruits, yogurt, cheese and healthy foods.
You can also adapt your recipes. For example:
- Homemade smoothies are a great option, and you can add avocado, silky tofu and change fruits. They are a great snack idea!
- You can also spread peanut butter on apple slices or give him fruits with cheese.
- Homemade muffins or cookies made with olive oil and whole wheat or wholemeal flour. Some muffins can be made using legumes and are very nutritious. There are many recipes on the internet.
- You can reduce sugar content by adding applesauce, bananas or dates.
- Rice cakes or whole-wheat crackers with peanut butter, almond butter or hummus are great for your baby’s growth.
- Your baby can snack on cereal, but you should choose whole-wheat cereals, and sugar should not be one of the first two ingredients. Less than 8g is best, and the lower the sugar level, the better the cereal (preferably multigrain cereals).
Roseline, I hope this helps!
Aussi, tu peux te référer au site : Nos petits mangeurs qui offre de belles recettes.
The baby expert
This post is also available in: Français