Question from a mother: Hello, I have a 5-month-old baby, and she no longer drinks regular amounts of milk. Sometimes she will drink 31oz one day and 23oz the next. She drinks every 3-3.5 hours, so 5 bottles a day. The days she drinks little, she turns away when I offer her the bottle, or rejects the nipple with her tongue. It takes forever for her to drink 4oz. She is always in a good mood, and she does her nights even if she doesn’t drink a lot. What do you think? I know that if I were breastfeeding, I wouldn’t have this question, as I wouldn’t be able to measure. Oh, and I have already moved on to medium flow nipples, and she seems to need to take extended breaks during the bottle, and doesn’t have stomach pain. She watches us more when we eat, but she doesn’t open her mouth. She bites her toys and fingers a lot.
To learn more, watch these videos:
- Introducing Solids
- The Bottle
- Milk Intolerances and Allergies
Read these articles:
- Baby Diets: When to Introduce Solid Foods
- Baby Iron Needs
- How can I donate my breast milk?
- Demystifying Baby Sleep from Birth to One Year
- Insufficient or Lack of Breast Milk
- Breast Milk Storage Table
- How do you wean from breastfeeding?
- L’alimentation de bébé : quand introduire les aliments solides
- Les besoins en fer d’un bébé
- Comment faire pour donner mon lait maternel?
- Démystifier le sommeil d’un bébé de la naissance à 1 an
- Insuffisance ou manque de lait maternel
- Tableau de conservation du lait maternel
- Comment faire le sevrage de l’allaitement?
Les vidéos du site mariefortier.com sont destinées à un usage strictement personnel. Pour toute utilisation professionnelle ou à des fins collectives, pédagogiques ou de formation, l’achat d’une licence d’utilisation est obligatoire.