Have you ever heard about postnatal or postpartum depression? Did you know that perinatal depression covers more than just the period after childbirth? Indeed, depression can occur before birth, before or after delivery, and sometimes several months after the arrival of the baby. It affects men and women and, and it’s essential to be prepared and maybe prevent unfortunate situations.
Along with Nathalie Parent, a psychologist, Marie discusses depression and its signs, potential causes and how to get over it.
For more information, watch these videos:
- Mother Recovery After Childbirth (french only)
- Support during Labour, Delivery and Returning Home
- Support during Pregnancy and Childbirth: Advice from Julie Bonapace
Read these articles:
- Postpartum Depression
- Healthy Mind and Body During Pregnancy (french only)
- Relaxation and Pregnancy
- Fathers, Depression and the Arrival of a Baby
The videos on mariefortier.com are for personal use only. For any professional, group, educational or training purposes, the purchase of a user license is required.
This post is also available in: Français